Friday, October 17, 2008



This is it--my street. Where I hang my hat, lay my head, receive my personal post. Look how it rises and falls, like a lover's body. A lover's body that you're still in love with. As I crested the hill yesterday, I slowed my car to a crawl, and beheld the mountains in the distance. Handily, I extracted my Iphone from the pocket of my red velvet jacket, and took a few shots. In just a few instants, the photos I took were uploaded into the blogosphere. Just like that.



You can not see the mountains today, as a layer of fog and rain clouds have descended on my little city, and turned my mood to an insular one. I cancelled a gabfest with my sister-in-law so that I could just veg out, wrap myself in a nap in a room with the shades drawn. It's a shades-drawn kind of day...I love the natural light, but not so much the natural light of a rainy day. I'd rather it be filtered through the blue curtains and be done with it. The boys went to get a haircut at the place that does the old-fashioned, lathered neck shave that the Husband thinks so much of, leaving me Thank the Lord to my own devices for an hour or so. Now, the contact lenses need taking out, and the little nappy can commence. For now, My Street is a quiet one.

4 comments:

Saucy said...

Your street looks sweet, quiet and welcoming. Let's see more!

Mrs. G. said...

Wonderful!!!!! It is beautiful over here.

femminismo said...

Wow! Your blog looks great! I love it.

Southern Girl said...

Thanks for stopping over to the neighborhood! (: